I made another afghan because I have yarn that is multiplying as I type this. This is another one of Lydia’s pattern and I did not have pusher issues that I can see. It leads me to believe my previous problems with the afghan were the file. I love this design but the afghan was only 924 rows so it can only be used as a lap afghan or a chair back cover. I decided to make a pillow using one section of the pattern . I had the pillow form and put it on the afghan to figure what size I wanted it. Then I went into the program and copied and pasted into a new file just for the pillow. The pillow form was 16 by 16 and the size came out perfect . When I finished both squares(I knitted the same pattern for the back so it is reversible) I then placed wrong sides together and crocheted through both sides around the pillow. Before closing the fourth side, I inserted the pillow. The crocheting around the pillow took longer than it did to knit the two pieces. haha
I think the prettiest thing about the pattern is the color that I used for the leaves. It looks tan but it is a very very light color of olive green. The finished size is only 34 inches wide by 44 inches long.