I had so many visions on how this cowl was going to turn out but it was nothing like this! I used Woolike yarn from Michaels in Teal color and a slip stitch pattern from the Brother Book-No. 158. I was happy to only knit 524 rows instead of 664 . I was planning on doing a roll edge on the sides of it. It really looked nice but had to do two strips for one edge so there would have been a seam. Okay, no problem. Did that. It did not look good when it was wrapped around the head. So I took that off and decided to crochet the edges together with right sides together and then turn inside out. LOL, I ended up with a tube within a tube. Took that out and I did not want to crochet the edges since what I sell them for is so minimal that it would not be cost effective. So, I sat and sewed the seam up by hand and it looks nice. I wish it was wider to do it this way but it is still different. And even though this is double layer, it does not feel bulky or heavy and still drapes nicely.
Here are the directions if anyone wants to try this. Just increase 12 stitches if you want this wider before sewing together.