For those of you that may have tried this pattern, I hope you won’t be mad. 🙂
I made a couple more of them and changed the pattern and it is easier and comes out with less bulk on the shoulders and armholes. The sweater with the wreath and red bow is the new pattern and the wreath with the gold beads is the older pattern. I know it is hard to see the difference but there is. Besides, knitting the sleeves from the top down and no ribber on the sleeve stitches saves a lot of time.
I changed the way the shoulder stitches are bound off. I pulled one set of shoulder stitches through the other and then latched them off one stitch through the next and secured at the shoulder seam.
I knitted the sleeves from the top down by hanging two stitches from the sweater armhole edge to start. I knit one row and then picked up a stitch opposite the carriage onto the next needle to the right of the first two stitches and knit a row. I repeated this until I had 15 stitches on the bed. When I finished with the sleeve, I knit 3 rows at tension 3 and one row at tension 4 . Starting with the second stitch in from the edge I reformed the stitches and knit them back up. I did this with every other stitch for the rib. Then I took these stitches off on waste yarn and latched one stitch through the next until all were latched off. It was easier and the cuff is tighter. The new directions are in my drop box.