I saw the picture of this stained glass window design and thought it would make a pretty afghan. I used a photo program and then resized it. I worked a little bit every day on it . It came out okay but I have a lot more “tweaking” to do. I don’t think I know enough about doing my own patterns. The picture was huge so I shortened it to 190 rows. I worked and worked on it. Then I looked up four color afghans and they are usually 160 rows. So while it was in win/crea, I resized it and it squashed it down and I think that helped with eliminating elongation. I also wanted to use fuscia for the flower but the 2/24 fuscia I have seems a lot thinner and I was afraid the other colors would bleed through. I used off white, black, hunter green and plum. It did not come out that large since my mast tensions were on the tighter side. It is a great size for a lap blanket or a wrap. It is 32 inches wide by 50 inches long. I think if I clean this pattern up more, it would like nice at Christmas with a poinsettia and colors red, green ,black and off white. On second thought, I think I should leave pattern designing to other people.
Passap Stained Glass Window Afghan